Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tiger Airlines screwed us.

Sarahs flight to see Ron took a big change today, we sort of knew something was happening but today it all came to us and we know now. After booking Sarahs flights on the 22nd, I realised I had the wrong date to come home, no problems obviouslly I had stuffed up, so instead of stressing, I put money in the credit card and logged online to change the date to the 16th. Done that got to the checkout to find the date was the 15th again and I owed more money, not sure how that worked I refused to pay and tried to phone them.
Everytime I rang I got an answering service and it hung up on me, so I wrote a letter and we faxed that off. It took the post office about 20 attempts to fax but eventually one went through.
Yesterday a guy from Tiger in Singapore rang us, he had received the fax and could fix the problem, just pay by credit card now. Thinking this was sus I was not going to give credit card details to someone phoning me asking for them, I might be stupid but not that stupid.
I told him I needed to put money in as it is a debit card so I will phone him on the singapore number tommorrow or can I do it online, he went to look online and came back to me saying online wasnt working, it would only give me the 15th.....a problem with their website.......
OK so obviouslly the original date was not my mistake its a website error, so I took this morning to phone Auntie Carol for advice, then phone singapore and waited for half an hour for no response, no answer.
I phoned consumer affairs who said I was vertually pushing shit uphill, tiger rip off 80% of their customers and due to the fine print get away with it. I said I was still wanting to try the complaint process, I have 7 months to get these bastards, I feel like they have stolen my daughters money and her dreams.
I also contacted 5aa talkback, he was useless, told me to phone consumer affairs as its not right then he hung up on me.....yeah thanks!
So I spend most of today with a puffy face, loads of tears and really shitty. I will not stop on this matter, but it broke my heart to cancel the accomodation at Ron's, and to tell Sarah. I told Sarah to write her thoughts down so when she does go over to WA she can see what she went through to get there......wrong thing to do. I read it and it all blames me, me for booking wrong, me for not paying again and saying we will go through another company.......
What a fucked up day, days like this I hate living week to week, if I had saving then she wouldnt be in this situation, she wouldnt think I have ruined her dreams.........
OK saving start now I have 6 months to get her that flight on a nice carrier, priced the tickets and have alot to aim for, she will go just wont have the 6 months of looking forward to it.
Please if you are reading this never ever fly Tiger, let everyone know.

No comments:

Post a Comment