Sunday, January 18, 2009

19th and 20th January 2009

20th January 2009.
Today was a nothing day in reality, again just a little house tidy up, and preparing for my cousin's visit tommorrow. Tony has been a little stressed I think about the house being spotless but I figure this is us, like it or lump it, we always have lego all over the floor, washing in the chair to fold, and dishes.
Denise popped in for a visit, Tony did some shopping, the girls and I did some cooking for tommorrow. Sarah made jelly's, Amy made Instant whip, together we still have the cheesecakes to make, and the mousse cake.
I have been planning Holly's birthday party for March, mainly so we can afford it but also to get the invites made and sent soon.
I spent a big part of today doing the kids hair ready to go back to school. Regrettably I have had no luck getting rid of Sarahs nit eggs, but today we bought a new comb and all the kids are free of everything, it is great. I do not want to send them back to school to get them again. I also cut Sarah's hair again, I love her with short hair, she isn't too happy, I told her if she learnt to brush it daily then she could have it long....the hair arguement between us will never end!
In the evening Tony's Auntie Kylie came for a visit, it was great chatting and getting to know each other better, since we have only met her once I admire her being able to come here alone, I know I couldn't.

19th January 2009.
Today was a nothing day, I woke up moody from tiredness after we waited up til the wee hours of the morning for a Dr for James, turns out he has croup, which I doubt very much as croup doesn't sound like this. But enough I am not a Dr like I think sometimes so I will learn to listen and shut up :)
Did a little bit of tidy up, cleaned the pool, a bit of shopping and a bit of knitting. Also trying to sell Krispy Kreme donuts for the girls netball, thank god we have internet friends that help with the fundraising or we would be lost.
Have recieved lots of comments about this blog, which makes me so happy people are reading it, I am getting a big head and have realised that there is the need for a book pointing out all the free and cheap things to do with kids in SA. Mmmm might be something for me to look at later.
Netball practice was cancelled again today due to the heat, but we went to karate. Karate was a bit hot thanks to the airconditioner not working. I was happy to go back to karate as I can sit back and relax to watch the kids not like the other sports, but once there and I listened to some of the other parents dribble shit, I remember what it is that causes alot of my stress - other parents! After karate I took the kids home and jumped in the pool together until James decided to spend the night throwing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment