Saturday, January 31, 2009

February 1st 2009

After having Laura and Graham up last night for a swim, we stayed up to tidy up, once the kids were fast asleep Tony and I went for a nice quiet swim with no one, no kids, no dogs......Oh my god this was the life!

This morning we got ready early and went to Mawson Lakes, I have never been there and the brochure I have made it look great. I am so ashamed I bragged to my friends I was going there, it was such a ......nothing. We took the kids to the cove, which is just a bit of the lake, nothing special.....the water feature, there was a statue thing but it wasnt a water feature as such....Mobara playground was 3 things that didn't amuse the kids for more than 5 minutes. If anything we had a nice long walk and a long chat with an elderly man that thought we needed to know everything about remote control sailing boats. I appreciated that he likes it and let the kids have a photo with his boat.....but really, I am over it.....
Mobara Park in Mawson Lakes, the best bit of the day out.
For tea we had Laura, Graham and the boys, aswell as Kym and her girls here for a quick throw together BBQ and a swim. Tony did his usual and stressed big time about the house, the garden and everything he could, thanks to this he dropped half the meat, if not more after he had cooked it, so the dogs got that. I think there was still plenty for everyone, he doesn't. For the swim we had to contend with ants and european wasps thanks to the meat he gave the dogs....this was turning into a stuffed up bbq. But everyone had fun, kids and men had ages in the pool, us women watched for a while then relaxed in the airconditioned room playing with Mitchell and talking.
I think it went ok and find it quite funny really now. Maybe next time I will help Tony and stop the stuff ups.
Amy, Luke, Mia, Akasha, James, Sarah and Harrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment